GURU MAHOTSAV - 76th Birthday Celebrations of Parama Pujya Sri Swamiji May 26-27, 2018
Click for Business Sponsor Info
GURU MAHOTSAV CELEBRATIONS 2018
Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple celebrated Guru Mahotsav, celebrating the 76th Birthday of Parama Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji from Sat May26 - Sun 27th, 2018. Below are highlights from the celebrations:
Mela & Blood Donation Drive - 51 Businesses participated and setup booths on the Temple ground and we had bounce houses, canteen stall for food. A Blood Drive was also conducted with 21 pints of blood donated by 45 screened devotees.
Puja's - Sri Sadguru Paduka Puja was performed on 26th May followed by Appaji's Bday cake cutting by kids. Pavamana Homa, Shani Puja & Tailabhisheka & Rudrabhisheka were conducted during the celebrations.
Spiritual - Sunderkand Path by devotees from Houston (including a 97 year old grandfather) recited on 26th May. For the first time the new 3rd batch SGS Gita Mahayagna students did parayana of Sampoorna Bhagavad Gita after they successfully memorized all 18 chapters. More than 40+ new registrants benefited from FREE Nadi Shuddhi Datta Kriya yoga camp.
Cultural - Samoohika Gala Samarpana a musical tribute on the occasion of Appaji's Birthday was conducted where numerous local singers and devotees joined together to sing Appaji's bhajans on May 26th Morning. Special Talent Show for kids was conducted during Mela where there was an overwhelming response with more than 30+ kids/groups showcaseing different skills including reciting shlokas, performing dance, music etc.
Walkathon - Walkathon was organized on Sunday 27th May. 402 walkers registered and participated in the event. After expenses the walkathon event raised $8363 and portion of it will be donated to Frisco Moms Care and the rest used towards many other initiatives that support local community service throughout the year. .
Photos from the Event:
Thank you all for registering for the walkathon. Please read carefully the below instructions regarding the walkathon.
- 1) Early T-shirt/Bib packets pickup is on Saturday May 26th from 11AM to 7PM in the temple booths at 12030 Independence Parkway, Frisco, TX 75035.
- 2) Walkathon is on May 27th, Sunday 7AM at 12030 Independence Parkway, Frisco, TX 75035, please plan to arrive by 7:00AM.
- 3) Park your vehicles at Roach Middle school (12499 Independence Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75035), (or) at Heritage high school (14040 Eldorado Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75035) and walk to the walkathon site.
Both the schools are right across the walkathon site.
- 4) Check-in counters will open at 7:00AM, anyone who didn’t pick up their T-shirt/bib packets may pick it up here before the walkathon.
- 5) Please do join in, even if it's late, however, the walk will end at 9AM and parking lot will be released for usage. Hence the latest check-in time will be 8:40AM.
- 6) A parent/guardian need to accompany Youth participant while check-in.
- 7) Children must be supervised by their parent/guardian during the walkathon.
- 8) If you already have the T-shirt/bib, we will have volunteers near the check-in counter to note down your arrival, please do show them your Bib.
- 9) Only registered walkers who had signed the waivers during registration, will be allowed for the walkathon, for safety concern.
- 10) Walk will start at the East/Front side of the temple building at 7AM on May 27th Sunday and will continue for 21 rounds (until 9AM).
- 11) Please feel free to exit the walkathon, per your convenience, you don’t have to walk all 21 rounds.
- 12) While exiting pickup your goody bags showing your Bib at the Check-out counters.
- 13) Breakfast, Snacks and Tea will be available for purchase at the temple cafeteria, starting at 9AM.
- 14) Hope you all are busy practicing for the walkathon, thank you again, see you all at the Walkathon.
Health & Community Drives
Business Sponsorship Packages
To sponsor please email: email@example.com
Community Fair & Vendor Booths
Register for your vendor booth below:
On May 26th from 11AM to 7PM non-food booth vendors can sponsor towards a Booth and promote their business.
Please register below after paying $100 Sponsor Donation at below eStore link.
eStore Vendor Booth Registration
Please also review the Vendor Guidelines before sponsoring and registering for a Booth.
Click to view Vendor Guidelines and Signoff
Please see below for the Vendor Booth Layout.
Samohika Gala Samarpana