Parama Pujya Dr. Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji is a divinely gifted musician and prolific composer. Being a great Vaggeyakaara (singer-composer) of the present times, Sri Swamiji has composed thousands of bhajans and completed extensive research on the revival of the ancient art of Raga Ragini.
With Nama sankeertana styled tunes that are simple and catchy yet musically intricate, Sri Swamiji masterfully crafts bhajans to awaken inner energies in the listener. According to Sri Swamiji,"In the modern age, singing devotional hymns (bhajans) is the easiest way to invoke the inner self. Bhajans sung with one's heart full of love and devotion helps one attain pure eternal bliss."
The selected bhajans are captivating yet accessible for all ages and levels of musical training to learn and sing with devotion. KSHT wants to encourage a wide range of participation in this competition by music-loving amateurs and maestros alike. Register to participate ! Sign-up to experience your own state of pure bliss. Participating in the KSHT Annual Bhajan Competition will benefit the participants in multiple ways!
- Group 1: Age 5 to 8 (Need to prepare 5 bhajans)
- Group 2: Age 9 to 12 (Need to prepare 5 bhajans)
- Group 3: Age 13-16 (Need to prepare 9 bhajans)
- Group 4: Age 17+ (Need to prepare 10 bhajans)
- All Bhajans with lyrics and audio will be emailed to the participant upon registration.
- Each age group has a different set of bhajans
- Each participant will to sing two bhajans of his/her choice from the provided list of bhajans and one additional bhajan chosen by the judge for a total of three bhajans.
- Judging for the competition will be performed by music professionals.
- The judges' decision in the competition is final.
WHEN AND WHERE
Competitions will be held in Yagasgala at Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple, 12030 Independence Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75035. Please see below for the schedule.
When: Sept 2nd and Sept 3rd, 2017. From 10am to 2pm
Competition date and timing for participants will be confirmed after the registration deadline and is contingent upon the number of registrants.
Bhajans Apps for Iphone/Android Phones
Remember this is a 2 step process, Both needs to be done.
- 1. Payment Procedure
- 2. Filling out the Registration Form.
To Register: please Click Here
Save the Order ID that is generated upon payment completion. It can also be found in the email with payment receipt.
For example: OrderID:4C791BD4-29B5-4D62- 940C-B23810928E71.
This Order Id will be used in the registration form below.
Please register for competition by filling up the form here
Registration form: Click here to register after the payment
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.